POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : generating an image_map name: string syntax problem : Re: generating an image_map name: string syntax problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: generating an image_map name: string syntax problem
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Feb 2009 01:05:01
Message: <web.499cf56640230f63f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote:

> (btw, creating camera motion-blur by averaging 24bit images won't give you
> correct results when there are very bright colors in the scene.  I believe
> it's better to use MegaPOV's cameraview-pigment instead: no need for
> temporary-images and it results to accurate motion-blur)

Yes, you've guessed my technique. In experiments I've done so far--using POV's
'average' pigment pattern as a post-processing '2nd render' step--my 10-frame
composite blur actually looks very nice (the colors and shades seem to
reproduce well); but I didn't look closely enough to notice the problem you
mentioned. (I was too excited just to see the scheme work!) I'll take a closer
look at my composite image.

Does MegaPOV actually blur the motion *during* a single-frame render?

Ken W.